Monday 3 September 2012

It's All About Abou




Abou Diaby, Abou Diaby, Abou Diaby! What a game he had against Liverpool. As you know I am Gooner Diaby, with Diaby being my favourite Arsenal player, so it really pleased me that he had a magnificent game on Sunday, where he effectively controlled the game with his skill, his ability to beat players by simply running past or using the odd skill, his precision passing which gave us a few chances indeed. It really pleased me to look on my Twitter account and finally see people realising what a special player Abou Diaby really is.

Now Diaby, since having that horrific injury a few years back, has struggled to gain fitness and string together regular games for the Gunners, only playing in four games in the previous season. But after just three games he was the star of the show against a team that he tends to do really well against. He really could be our midfield answer and player that we have all been waiting for and I myself have stuck by him for a while now as I saw his talent when he was first brought to the club. He well deserved getting Man Of The Match for a game he really controlled. The move of the game from Diaby in my opinion was when he escaped one of the Liverpool forwards, ran towards the opposing box and slipped a ball through to Giroud, who missed a chance he at least should have go on target, but his time will come. Defensively brilliant, fantastic at holding up the ball and threading magnificent passes through the tightest of gaps, Diaby had an immense game yesterday. And I assure you all that there is more to come from Abou.

It was good to see Podolski and Cazorla get on the score sheet, assisting each other’s goals in well worked team moves to the goals. The beginning of the chant “Lukaz Podolski, He scores when he wants” was magnificent to hear, but the one that really made my day and I’m sure it made a lot of yours was “He drives how he wants, he drives how he wants, Andre Santos, He drives how he wants” Classic banter from the “least passionate” fans in the league supposedly. The post RVP era has begun and I hope that Arsenal can continue how they started. But it was a real pleasure to see Diaby’s talents recognised throughout the Premier League yesterday, and I hope he can put in a lot more performances like that.

 

For more news, views and opinions follow me https://twitter.com/

Darren Bobb

No comments:

Post a Comment